A Guide to Buying the Best Steam Shower
Instead of water flowing over you under a jet rain shower, how about wrapping yourself up in a steam vapor cloud? During or after a regular water shower, a relaxed steam shower can sex-up a dull bathing routine. It is one of the best ways to start or end a day. The additional benefit of a sauna bath makes the steam shower a preferred choice.
Ranging from simplistic to high-tech designs, the bathing comforts of a steam shower have many options. In a steam shower setup, controlled steam is produced by a generator that fits into a small cabinet; the complete shower fixture is attached to bathroom plumbing.
Push button high-end steam showers now allow you to add aromatic bath oils to the steam. It’s essentially like the divine combo of steam and aromatic oils embracing you in the shower enclosure. Digital controls give you the power to control the temperature and vapor flow.
|Eagle Bath Steam Shower Unit||Complete Unit||$$||4.0|
|Whirlpool Steam Shower||Complete Unit||$$||4.0|
|Eagle Bath Blue Steam Shower||Complete Unit||$$||4.0|
|KOHLER Fast-Response Steam Generator||Generator Only||$$||3.2|
|Steamist 7kW Steam Generator||Generator Only||$$||4.5|
|Amerec Steam Generator||Generator Only||$$||4.9|
|Pacifica Jetted Steam Shower and Shower Enclosure||Complete Unit||$$||4.9|
|Mr. Steam Steambath Generator||Generator Only||$$||3.0|
|Steamist 11kW Steam Generator||Generator Only||$$||4.9|
The Basics: What Exactly Is a Steam Shower?
A steam shower is an enclosed unit that emits steam from the water stored in the unit’s walls. It creates the effect of a sauna and is also equipped with a fixed showerhead. The enclosure of the shower is made up of heat resistant, waterproof and durable material. It is either made of glass or acrylic.
A steam shower can be classified as a stand-alone shower, which means that it does not need a supporting structure to work. Such units can therefore easily be installed at the corners. They blend in very easily with the rest of the décor.
The steam shower cabin has steam jets inside it. Once the cabin is switched ON, the water stored in the walls starts to heat up. The massive steam, which is created, is dispensed through the jets.
The steam shower has a computerized panel which controls the operations of the steam shower. The user can control the temperature and volume of the steam. And since it contains a traditional shower facility as well, it may be looked upon as a good add-on to any bathroom.
Plus Points: The Key Benefits of a Steam Shower
A steam shower offers you a host of advantages including but not limited to the following:
- Improves blood circulation. When your body is exposed to steam, it experiences a unique phenomenon called vasodilatation, or widening of the blood vessels. This is known to help stabilize blood pressure by improving blood circulation.
- Aids in recovery from exercise. Have you been resorting to some heavy work out in the evenings? Soreness of the muscles and body fatigue resulting from exercises in gym can leave anyone discouraged. A steam shower can help a great deal in soothing the damaged tissues in muscles. A regular shower afterward can easily flush out the waste buildup in and around the muscles.
- Healthy skin. Steam is known to open the pores of the skin and allows it to breathe more freely. It is an effective remedy for a deep skin clean-up. If you use a steam shower for even twenty minutes a week, your skin will be rid of a large number of blackheads and pimples.
- Bust stress. Steam showers are getting popular by the day, as a mode for relaxing and taking a break. The heat from the shower relaxes the muscles and nerves. You feel energized after spending some time in the shower.
- Clear skin. By just taking two steam showers in a week, you will find that your skin is getting clearer over a period of time.
- Relief from respiratory infections. Steam showers are known to provide relief in respiratory infections. They are very effective for treating sinus and laryngitis at home.
- Effective for improving the metabolism and aiding weight loss. Regular steam showers are known to help in weight management as well. The steam is known to stimulate the lymphatic system of your body.
Last but not the least, steam showers are joyful and you know that!
Selection: Which Steam Shower is the best for me?
Once you make up your mind about getting a steam shower, consider the following points to find the best match for yourself!
- Space availability. A steam enclosure requires dedicated space in the bathroom. Ensure that you will not end up over crowding your bathroom.
- Check the health aspect. Although a steam shower offers numerous health benefits, it does not suit one and all. If you or your loved one has a history of heart conditions, it is best to check with a doctor before getting a brand new steam shower installed in your bathroom.
- Water consumption. Steam showers are very eco-friendly. Contrary to the popular belief, they consume very little water. Compared to professional spas, the consumption is much less.
- Select the correct steam generator. Steam shower models come in different capacities. Depending on the size of the bathroom, you can pick a generator in the 120 volt to 240 volt range.
- It makes sense to go over the warranty before ordering your steam shower. Most reputed companies offer steam shower units with a warranty of three to five years.
- Ensure it has a place to sit. Most steam showers come with a place to sit inside the steam. When you choose a steam shower, please ensure that the design comes with a seat. A mere glance at the product picture should give you an idea.