Ultimate Guide to the Best Rain Shower Head
Did you ever venture out in rainy afternoons, just so you could feel the rain drops falling on your face? Have you ever enjoyed getting yourself soaking wet in rains? Chances are that you have. The whole experience is amazing, we know. The pleasure it gives is simple and natural at the outset.
But, it isn’t very practical to go out and stand in the backyard to enjoy a rain shower each time you need one. It’s okay to entertain the child-in-you once in a while but not always. For children and adults both, there is an easier way out – install a rain shower head in the washroom. Without having to step out of your bathroom, this type of shower head enables you get the feel of dancing in the rain.
The water drops fall as gently as the natural rain drops. Ranging from a cold to warm rain feel, shower experience with a good quality rain shower head is cozy and comfy.
|Waterpik Drenching Rain Fall Showerhead||6" Round||$$||4.5|
|Waterpik AquaScape Dual Mode Oval Showerhead||5 ¾" x 10" Oval||$$||4.5|
|Hansgrohe Raindance Downpour AIR Showerhead||10" Round||$$||4.8|
|Moen S6320 Velocity Rainshower||8" Round||$$||4.8|
|American Standard 8-Inch Rain Easy Clean Showerhead||8" Round||$$||4.5|
|Delta Touch-Clean Raincan Showerhead||8" Square||$$||4.5|
|Delta Touch-Clean Raincan Showerhead||8 ¾" Round||$$||4.8|
|American Standard 10" Modern Rain Easy Clean Showerhead||10" Round||$$||4.1|
|Grohe Rainshower Shower Head||6 ¼" Round||$$||4.4|
|Grohe Rainshower Shower Head||8" Round||$$||4.7|
|ALFI 16-Inch Solid Round Ultra Thin Rain Shower Head||16" Round||$$||4.9|
|KOHLER 8-Inch Contemporary Round Rain Showerhead||8" Round||$$||4.8|
Basics: What exactly is a Rain Shower Head?
A rain shower head is ideally designed to mimic falling rain in your shower area; these showerheads basically help you bring a little of the outdoors into your bathroom in a controlled fashion. Depending upon the settings chosen, you can enjoy a torrential rain storm or have a milder, drizzling rain experience.
A typical rain showerhead has a perforated disc with tiny nodules emerging out of its surface; water flowing out of the holes takes the form of droplets and nodules keep the flow of water focused, thus creating a steady stream of rain-like droplets of water. The disc is usually placed directly above the shower area so that you can enjoy your daily deluge by standing right beneath it. Some models are mounted on the bathroom walls with the help of an extension arm. Showerheads with a combo design can be placed directly overhead in the shower area or projected out of the wall at a desired angle; you just have to move the showerhead’s arm around its swivel joint.
Advanced rain showerheads available nowadays have built-in pulsating mechanism in place; such showerheads can effectively transform a spray of water into small droplets. More sophisticated models of rain showerheads have randomized settings, offering you a whole bunch of rain shower experiences to choose from; you can gently douse yourself in a spa rain shower, opt for a vigorous rain massage or thoroughly rinse out the shampoo foam by turning on the drenching rain storm setting!
Rain showerheads nowadays come in a variety of different materials and finishes such as brass, chrome, steel, bronze, etc. to suit the varied requirements of bathrooms.
Plus Points: The Benefits of a Rain Shower Head
- More luxurious and playful shower. Rain showers, hot, lukewarm or cold depending upon the season and your preferences, are highly rejuvenating; every morning or evening (or the day in between if you don’t go out much), you will have a customized raincloud ready to give you a luxurious and refreshing shower.
- Play sport or go to Gym? You will love it. A gentle shower under a rain showerhead after playing sport, or for relaxation in between is excellent; you can switch on the ‘water saving trickle’ setting for a soothing shower or go for a pulsating rain massage in case your muscles have turned sore.
- Better coverage and more satisfying shower experience. A rain showerhead will distribute hundreds and thousands of tiny droplets of water all over your body; so you will never need to move around too much in the shower area to wash off the shampoo or when you want to rinse hard to reach areas; with a rain shower head, all this is easy
- Not one but many options to choose from. There are different seasons, clouds and rains. When nature has so much variety on offer, why should your daily shower, an activity you indulge in to wash off not just dirt and muscle soreness but also mental physique, be all the same-old every day!
- Add a classy appeal to your bathroom. There is no denying to the fact that a rain showerhead looks great in an expensive hotel room; choose the right material, finish and it can definitely add that classy touch to your bathroom as well!
Selection: Which Rain Shower Head is best for you?
- How big? In this case, well, bigger is better. Just don’t pick it as the only selection criterion. A showerhead with a disc size diameter to the tune of around 8 to 10 inches works for most bathrooms.
- Low on budget? If you are just getting a new showerhead as a temporary replacement, you may not want to spend too much; go for a simpler design having just one rain shower setting.
- Want more options? Choose a rain showerhead having multiple spray settings; strong torrents of rain, drizzling, massage or anything else that you want – read through the feature list of a product carefully to determine whether a rain showerhead has got all the spray settings you may possibly want.
- Consider installation: Replacing old showerheads or installing new ones (with new wall mounts and arms) is generally an easy, do-it-yourself task but you should still give it a consideration. What if you need hire a handyman for installation of a specific model of rain shower head? In that case you need to factor the handyman service costs for budget estimation.
- What kind of shower arm is best? It depends on what you want and how your bathroom has been modeled. A rain showerhead can be mounted on the ceiling, or projected out of the wall with an arm. In case there is a shower arm in your bathroom already, you need to ensure that it goes well with the new model of rain showerhead you are buying
- Does it complement the bathroom? Consider the fixtures already installed and overall aesthetics of your bathroom.